The Dells rally is getting closer! I’m going to do bullet points because this is getting a little lengthy.
- We have two new units for the rally and we have lost two. Total head count 25.
- Our kitty fee has been reduced from $20 per person to $10 per person. We can do this because the club voted at a recent board meeting to help with the cost of this rally. Yay!
- Dan Beck pointed out that he would like to have specific directions to the campground. Great idea, Dan, thanks.
FROM INDIANAPOLIS –
Follow I-74 West to Bloomington/Normal IL
I-74 circles around the west side of Bloomington, where it joins I-55.
Follow I-55 to exit 164 for I-39 North.
Follow I-39 north to I-90 West.
Continue on I-90/94 to Wisconsin Dells/Lake Delton.
The park is located off Hwy 90/94, Exit 89. Go southwest on Hwy 23 for 1/4 mile, and the park will be on the right.
Country Roads Motorhome & RV Park
Note: Google Maps locates this park in Wisconsin Dells. Their business address, as listed on their website, is actually Lake Delton. It’s the same place. Watch for signs on the highway that say Country Roads RV Park. There are 4 Wisconsin Dells area exits, and coming from the south, this is the second one.
- We have planned two meals in the campground, and two restaurant meals. While these are subject to change, we know some of you have special dietary needs and may need to plan ahead. As it stands right now :
- The first campground meal will be pulled pork sandwiches, with slaw, baked beans, potato salad, and ice cream. The second one will be a salad and pizza party.
- Our restaurant meals will be at Paul Bunyan’s Cook Shanty (eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, baked apples, etc) and Sprecher’s Restaurant & Pub, traditional American fare. (This is a change from the original plan, as we have been unable to contact Mexicali Rose – I think they must be permanently closed.) Thanks to Erin Beals for her assistance with this.
See you all soon, in beautiful Wisconsin! If you have questions about the rally please let us know.